Data protection policy
Retail Shake attaches great importance to the privacy and integrity of the data it is entrusted with during use of its Platform and its features. The company undertakes to process your information in compliance with legal provisions regarding data protection.
This Data Protection Policy describes the steps taken by Retail Shake with regard to the data processing it carries out. This policy may be subject to modification in the light of legal and regulatory developments by the French Data Protection Authority [Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL)].
In order to enhance and to improve the quality of its services, Retail Shake reserves the possibility to modify or make addition to this policy. In this case, Retail Shake will inform concerned individuals of any change to the purpose of the data processing and will ask, if necessary, for their consent when this is required.
What is personal data?
Data is defined as being “personal” when it concerns private persons who can be identified, directly or indirectly. For example, a person can be identified directly when their first and last name appear in a file, or a data set organized in a structured manner. Similarly, an individual can be identifiable when a file contains information enabling them to be identified indirectly (e.g.: registration n°, telephone n°, photograph, etc.).
This information is subject to specific legislation regarding personal data protection and must be processed and stored in a specific manner.
Use of the Platform and its features implies the gathering of information about you, including the data you provide us with in order to create an account, complete your profile and generally speaking, all data generated or transmitted during the supply of services.
When creating your user account on the Platform:
- Your first and last name,
- Your company name,
- Your position in the company,
- Possibly your department and your store
- Your professional e-mail address,
- Your password.
When using the Platform:
- Your photograph,
- The content or comments posted on various publications,
- Your messages,
- Data we can ask you to provide when you report a problem on the Platform or to our departments
- Data linked to your location when you have accepted for us to collect and process such data,
- Information regarding the device you are using, such as your device settings, the type and language of your browser, the date and time of your request and the original URL.
- The way in which you used the service in question, such as your search requests and occurrences such as crashes, system activity, etc.
Mandatory information is shown by an asterisk on forms. Additional information is optional and enables us to improve monitoring and the services offered by Retail Shake.
Your information can be collected directly from you through our online and paper forms, or indirectly, when it is supplied by your employer. If your information is found to be inaccurate, you can ask for it to be modified (Cf. point 6)
2. Data processing manager
The company Retail Shake, a simplified joint stock company with a single shareholder and share capital of 129,800 €, registered in the Lille Trade and Companies Register under number 845 267 830 and headquartered at Euratechnologies, 165 avenue de Bretagne 59000 Lille, France, is responsible for the data processing conducted during use of the Platform.
3. Purposes of data processing
Retail Shake uses your information for the following purposes:
- Creating accounts and personalizing profiles on the Platform;
- Creating a network with other users on the Platform;
- Providing a tool to enable Users to invite, import and manage their contacts on the Platform;
- Sending and receiving private messages on the Platform;
- Publishing content and comments on the various contribution spaces;
- Managing contact requests;
- Managing customer complaints and disputes.
Supplying this data in the context of these purposes determines the contracting and supply of the services in question.
Processing carried out on the legal basis of your consent:
- Setting up a geolocation tool to consult stored information. This tool is only used for this purpose and collected data will not be transmitted to commercial partners.
- Sending “push” notifications to your mobile device so you keep up to date with the latest news or for publication on the Platform.
- If you wish to deactivate them, please see your mobile device’s instructions about notification settings and managing data sharing.
If you have accepted the use of your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any point in the future, as described below.
Processing carried out on the legal basis of our legal obligations
- Managing data subjects’ exercise of rights;
- Managing the reporting and deletion of illegal content published on the Platform.
Processing carried out on the basis of the legitimate interests pursued by Retail Shake
- Managing the security, enhancement and optimization of the Platform and services;
- Managing social networks for advertising our products and customer service;
- Managing customer claims to defend our interests in court.
4. Data recipients
Users’ personal data is sent:
- To other Users of the Platform in compliance with the privacy settings of your User account;
- To Retail Shake employees specifically designated to process personal data;
- To sub-contractors Retail Shake calls upon for technical operations regarding Users’ data. All relations with these service providers are subject to strict controls to ensure sufficient guarantees regarding the implementation of the appropriate technical and organizational measures, in particular in terms of privacy and security;
- Retail Shake may share your personal data with other authorized third parties (judicial authorities, state agencies, public bodies) only if i) Retail Shake is obliged to do so to abide by its legal obligations (e.g.: to the courts or to judicial authorities) or ii) if sharing is permissible under applicable law.
5. Length of data retention
When creating a User account and using the Platform, Retail Shake will store data, published content and sent messages throughout the entire duration of existence of your account, or as long as is necessary for the smooth functioning of its services.
Note, however that: (1) deleting this information from the servers and backup systems can take some time; and (2) Retail Shake may store, if required, this information in order to respect its legal obligations, resolve disputes or defend its interests or those of partners in justice.
Data necessary in order to respect Retail Shake’s legal obligations is stored in compliance with the provisions in force (in particular, but not exclusively those set forth in the French Commercial Code, Civil Code and Consumers Code).
The rights of data subjects
In compliance with the French Data Protection Act of January 6, 1978 as amended and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on personal data protection, you have the right to access, rectify, erase (right to oblivion), oppose, restrict processing, and data portability. You may also define directives for the storage, deletion and communication of your personal data after death.
These rights may be exercised directly online and without delay via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter sent to the following address: Retail Shake, 74 Rue des Arts, 59800 Lille, France.
Users can submit a complaint to a supervisory body at any time.